No scalpels. No stitches. The new treatment for gum disease.
Now there's a new, less traumatic treatment for periodontal disease. LANAP (Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure) urilizes safe and proven laser technology to gently remove harmful bacteria and diseased tissue from the gums.
As with periodontal surgery, this removal of bacteria allows the body to heal narurally so the gum pockets improve and the teeth become more stable. But there's less pain. And, since the gum tissue is not cut with a scalpel, there are no stitches, minimal bleeding, and a quicker, much easier recovery.
Patient Benefits of LANAP:
- Less pain
- Faster healing
- Reduced risk of infection
- Decreased sensitivity
- Less time in the dental chair
- Less bleeding
- Less post-treatment discomfort
- Little to no gum recession
Is LANAP right for you?
If your dentist has raid you that you suffer from periodontal disease and need gum surgery, you can take advantage of the many benefits offered by LANAP.
The LANAP Process
A procedure that brings your entire mouth back to health.
- Perio probe indicates excessive pocket depth
- Laser ligh t removes bacteria and diseased tissue
- Ultrasonic scaler and special hand instruments are used ra remove root surface tarrar.
- Laser finishes cleaning pocket and aids in sealing the pocket closed so new germs cannot enter
- Bite is adjusted
- New attachment and bone growth (0 clean root surface occurs. Healing occurs.
- Bone regeneration